Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a weekend!

So, yeah...if you go to my previous post, you'll see how our Friday started. Brent had taken the day off from work because his parents were coming up. His parents were coming because we were going to finally put up the flagpole that Brent has been wanting since we moved in. Would you believe that after it flooded like that, the sun came out, and the day turned out great...except the 90 degree muggy part...but we got a lot done. I'm posting a few pics...if you want to see all the progress, click on my Wells Web Links, "Picture Page" at the top right part of the blog, and go to the House Projects 2008 folder.






And, then I get the bright idea that, if the flagpole is in...we should mulch and plant, right? Actually, I was going to wait to plant until fall, but all the plants were on sale, so now begins the game of keeping them watered!



And, why stop at the front of the house? The sides needed to be done too. No, I didn't plant the WHOLE side...just the round part you see.



So, forty bags of mulch, eight bushes (small ones), six perennials (not counting the ground cover) later...we finished. Oh, I forgot about transplanting my irises too. Yeah...my back hurts!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

You look like you have a very nice house and I love the flagpole!

JoyousFaith said...

Looks pretty! And patriotic!

Kel said...

Thanks guys!