Friday, July 18, 2008

Hodge Podge...

Abby's 9 month appointment was on Wednesday...she's 22 pounds, 2 ounces and a little over 29 inches long. She's also got two more teeth ready to pop through at any moment!

Caleb is potty training finally....and I think I'd rather hit myself over the head with a 2x4. It's not going well. I've tried everything everyone has told me for advice (and thank you thank you thank you for advice!!). We went shopping and picked out special "big-boy" underwear for him to use once he's potty trained. He was VERY excited to get Thomas the Tank Engine. We went home and he carried all his diapers to Abby's room since "big boy's don't need diapers." We then proceeded to try, one by one, every technique that people have suggested. Sorry, but nothing is working. I'm now trying bribes...stickers and Dum-Dums just may do the trick....slowly, of course!

And, of course all this is happening while Brent is on Annual Training for 10 days straight. Yea for me.

I decided to finally get the kiddos into the wading pool today. This is how it went...

I don't think Abby appreciated the pool at first...(at little disclaimer: it was the temperature of bath water, she loves baths)



It helped when she found toys!



And then the fun began...



Caleb didn't really help the fact that Abby wasn't too sure about the pool!



She is learning to defend herself, though!



The "big man" himself...

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh Kelly, sorry to hear about the potty training. I bet the little man is confused if you have been switching your attempts. He needs consistency. Just take what ever advice you got that you think would be the easiest with his personality and go with it. And press on. He WILL have many, many accidents but that is part of the learning process. Hang in there he will get it before he goes to Kindergarten!

Tonya said...

Oh yeah those pool pictures are priceless and Abby is a big girl. 22lbs! My baby just got weighed and is 19lb 6oz at 10 months. I can't remember which girl is older!?!?!

Kel said...

Tonya-I think your little one is the oldest. THe most frustrating thing about the potty training is that I can't get him to see that it's not a punishment. I've actually just started getting him to even sit. Before I started the stickers/suckers, he'd scream the whole time he was sitting, and then go as soon as he left the bathroom.