Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finally answered some questions...

So the doctor stopped today...this time while I was here. Wait...let me back up the truck a bit....a different doctor that was covering Dr Alexander's patients stopped by. I asked her the same questions I had been asking the nurses....this time, the doctor offered to show me the scans and the doctors notes. Finally! So...Anita actually had blood in two areas. She had a large IPH (intraparenchymal) and a small SDH (subdural) bleed with some ventricular compression. The IPH was the size of small plum, and the SDH was 7mm. There was no midline shift. Dr Alexander said he still doesn't know why she bled, but he didn't see any problem areas after he cleaned out the blood. He's been doing neurosurgery for 18 years....so I guess we assume he knows what he's talking about? She had vision problems on her left side on admit and those have resolved. I saw the most recent scan...she has a little residual blood, and some air, but it looks a lot better than the one that she came in with. She has the usual facial/eye swelling. She will be moving to the general care floor today. They even did a pretty good job hiding the incision! We're joking around that she'd better finally get the puppy that she's been wanting! I even got the nurses in on it. Hope I don't get disowned...

No comments: