Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Well, I didn't blog until the third lesson. Sorry! The first lesson was survivable. Not exactly enjoyable. Caleb screamed bloody-murder and kept reaching out to me from the pool to come "save" him. I was in tears at one point, just seeing the look of terror on his face.

Lesson #2: Not as much crying, no screaming, actually looking like he enjoyed parts of it.

Lesson #3: Caleb was crying before we even got to the YMCA. He kept saying he didn't want to go. He pretty much cried through getting changed into his suit, and cried as we sat on the bench waiting for our lesson to start. I handed to the instructor in the water, still crying. Then, lo and behold, he didn't cry for the rest of the time. I think I caught him telling stories at one point. He will put his head under water with no problem, and even jumped into the pool (holding hands) today! He was smiling when he got out! I think we made a big breakthrough today. We'll see how the rest of the week and next week go.

Here are some video clips:







1 comment:

Tonya said...

none of the videos worked for me.