Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Waterpark

Wow....I've been slacking!! Two Saturdays ago, Brent, the kids, and I went up to the Kalahari Resort in the Dells. Brent's parents, sister and nieces also came up. We had two rooms, and hung out at the waterpark for two nights. Boy, were we exhausted!! BUT....the kids had a blast. No naps. Yes, that's right. I'm the one who has declared nap-time sacred, and we didn't have naps. We were hoping it would mean they would sleep better at night. We were right. They slept in until almost 8 o'clock both mornings. No, this doesn't mean that I'm skipping naps on a regular basis. Abby was so tired that she fell alseep on me at the outdoor waterpark. I was carrying her, and she cashed it in. I grabbed some of the hotel towels, covered her up, and laid out on the deck chairs with her. She slept for a little over an hour like that....and I even got a couple minutes of snoozing in too. We also went for a boat tour of the Upper Dells. I didn't take many pictures (yeah, I know....I was feeling fine, I promise) Brent's mom took a bunch of pictures and is going to burn a cd of them for us soon. We decided we were just going to use the time to be with our kids instead of worrying about the camera all the time (besides....it's not like it was waterproof!!) So, that's why I'm not posting any pictures yet! I'll catch up with them sometime after I get them. :)

This coming weekend, we're going camping with our care group from church. That should mean roughly 12 adults, and 7 kids. Could be more, could be less. The oldest child (I believe) will be 6 years old. Brilliant me didn't take the day off after we come back....work should be interesting on that little of sleep!!

No comments: