Friday, July 3, 2009

Breathing Room...

Well, after a rather negative week of posts last week, I thought I should blog about something positive. Brent came home on Tuesday and says, "I took Friday off. You need a day to yourself, no errands, no kids..." I'm like, okay! I called and made an appointment for a massage....it been a loooooooooong time since I had one! Then I went to Starbucks (at Barnes and Noble) and hung out for a while. Of course, this happened to be at the mall, so I did a little shopping for myself for once! I ended up not taking the whole day....I will do a little more after church on Sunday, with a friend :)

Potty training update: Yes, it rears its ugly head again. So...I called the preschool/daycare that we want to send Caleb to in the fall. Not only do they have to be potty trained during wake-times, they have to be potty trained for nap times too. They said something about there having to be a different way of disposing of the pull-ups, so they can't allow them. Great. That didn't help my panic/stress about this crap (no pun intended). I called another preschool/daycare that is our second choice. As long as he is actively attempting potty training, he can go there and not be entirely trained. And, they have 3/4 year old openings. Okay....that can still be an option....I didn't like their program as much, but not because there was anything wrong with it....I just liked the other one better.

The actual "potty training" update is that Caleb has been having only about an accident a day for the last week, and until tonight had stayed dry all day. Today, he woke up dry from his nap. He had an accident tonight, but I'm hoping it was because he was playing with running water and it snuck up on him. He won't tell us if he has to go. He's been holding it until we tell him he needs to try. No, I don't consider that potty trained. I consider that catching it before we have an accident. I think all these "train your child in a day" books, DVDs, etc., have odd definitions of potty trained.

Another big step for Caleb....he went to the bathroom in a public restroom. He's scared to death of the stalls, so we have to hunt one out that's a "family restroom," but still...it's a step!

No comments: