Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...to urgent care we go....

Ugh...so I never want to be that nurse/mom that calls in for every sniffle that comes up.....and the times that I have called in, I've felt like the nurses that I've talked to act like I don't know what symptoms to watch for, etc. So when I called today, I was actually planning on taking Abby in no matter what they said. Abby's had a cold/runny nose for almost 4 weeks now. She never had a fever, and besides not being hungry, really didn't look sick. This morning, she woke up with hoarse cough....that was enough to make me decide to take her in. I didn't want the cough to turn to croup, which was kind of what it was starting to sound like. Anyway....I called the Peds Urgent care, made an appointment, and went it. Ironically, when I got there, the receptionist had neglected to put down why I was coming in....she only mentioned the cough. Anyway....after a rather quick appointment, I came home with some antibiotics....Abby has a mild sinus infection. Hopefully, the antibiotics kick in soon.

No comments: