Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and such...

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is over already! We went to Brent's parents' house for the weekend before Thanksgiving. We had a lot of fun, but it was tiring too. It was also the first big holiday without Brent's grand-dad. That was rough. We came back on Sunday, worked Monday. Brent had his promotion ceremony on Tuesday. He's now an E7, or Sergeant First Class. Wednesday, we drove back down to Illinois to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. My brother and sister-in-law made it up too. Caleb finally started warming up to my brother...he even informed him that "Uncle Tyler wants to take me downstairs to play." The family/rec room is in the basement of my parents' house. It never fails....Abby, for some reason, absolutely will NOT sleep in her bed at Mom's house. She sleeps great if we bring her to bed with us ('lil stinker!). Do you know how much room a one-year-old takes up! Sheesh! She's not THAT big. Anyway...we came back on Friday, and I work this weekend. I was dragging big time due to the lack of sleep from the last week. Today I got to go home early! Yippee!! Okay, so I did feel guilty sending my self home (I was the charge nurse)....but technically it was by seniority....and I don't ever take the opportunity. And...it meant missing the snow storm! :)


1 comment:

Tonya said...

Don't feel guilty!