Thursday, November 6, 2008

The plot thickens...

Okay, so I called my pediatrician's office again today. Basically to question them about why the letter they sent with the lab results seemed no big deal, and then the health department sounded completely different. They still insist that a 6 isn't a level at which they deem medically necessary to treat...and to follow up. The doctor's office says they treat a level of 9 as lead poisoning...and needing medical treatment. Okay...no offense, but a 6 is close to a nine...and the same person also said that the lead levels can rise very quickly, and they can take a LONG time to come down again. SO....to me that means, it's a bigger deal than the pediatrician's office is making it. Anyway. I also asked if I need to have Caleb checked. They're going to wait until our usual pediatrician is back and ask him....next week. We'll see... I may be hauling my kids in to both get another level drawn. That doesn't sound fun. I went to Menard's today and bought a TON of home lead testers (by the way...they're really easy to use if you're interested, they're in the paint department). My mom thought that is may be the old matchbox cars that Caleb was playing with. They all came back negative according to the home kits. I also tested Caleb's train sets/table. It was all negative. I'm thankful it's all negative....I just wish we'd find the source.

Oh...and to vent a moment. I went to Menards. Normally...I can find whatever I need...i'm pretty resourceful. Like I knew where to start looking for lead test kits. So I asked a guy. There was my mistake. He said, and I quote, "I have no idea if we have them, and if we do, I don't know where to look." RUDE! And...he wasn't DOING ANYTHING when I asked him. Then...I walked until I found a woman sales associate. Funny...she knew exactly what I was asking about and who to ask about where they were. AND...she was doing something when I asked. SHE took the time to help me. It wasn't like I was asking the rude dude to solve world peace or anything! Sheesh! That's why I usually don't ask questions when I'm there. I leave the questions for my neighbor (he's a handy-man). Okay. I'm done venting.

No comments: