Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Abby!!

I can't believe it's been a year already!! I was a week overdue (go figure...neither kid was anxious to be born!) I was scheduled to be induced, but started having contractions the night before. At about 4am, I called the hospital, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart, and they told me to come in. Of course, by the time I got to the hospital, the contractions had stopped. Since I was already scheduled to get induced, they let me stay. They had barely started the pitocin when the doctor came in and asked if we should break my water to get things going. Since Caleb took 13 hours, I was thinking anything to speed the process up would be great! Then...I pretty much ate my words. An hour after they broke my water, I was holding Abby. The labor went so fast, the pain medicine and epidural didn't kick in until after I was holding her. It's true what they say about not caring about the pain...I didn't even really notice until after she was born (and the medicine started working). That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Abby was a really easy pregnancy, easy delivery, and has been easy-going the entire time! She weighed in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces (lightweight compared to Caleb!!), and measured 19 1/4 inches.

No comments: