Thursday, July 10, 2008

Zoo time (again)...

So, we (the kids, dog, and I) were on our way back from our morning walk on Wednesday as I was trying to decide what to do for the day. Then, when we got inside...we had a message...it was a friend of mine asking if we wanted to have a zoo day. I thought this was a great idea, so I called her back, quick gave Abby a bottle and threw a bunch of stuff together. Now, of course, Abby decided she didn't need a morning nap, so things could get interesting! But...the kids did great, we were at the zoo for almost 3 hours. Abby didn't fall asleep until the van ride home. These are the pics from the day:

Thought we'd try out the new shades before we went outside...(okay, this was before Wednesday)


The shades at the zoo (they lasted long enough to snap a picture).

Caleb and his best friend....at this point they were going back and forth, saying "My buffalo!" "No, my buffalo." Yes, there were buffalo...you just can't see them.

They were so funny...like two peas in pod...they would both run up to the fence and step the whopping 6 inches higher to get a better look.

Caleb NEVER lets me take his picture by these things...only when a friend is around, but I couldn't get him to look through the lower one.

When he finally went over to it, Caleb and Timothy were too excited, and would only look at each other.

We had a good day, so we ended with ice cream.

Except, I think Caleb may have gotten brain-freeze...what else would cause this face?

No comments: