Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Icky, Icky, blahs...

Ugh! So I worked today. I NEVER go home sick from work or call in...I just don't like doing it...but I did today. Oi! The kiddos haven't been themselves the last week or so, not eating well...etc (don't worry, I won't go into too much detail!). Anyway...I was being optimistic, thinking I wouldn't catch it...even though Brent had it for the last few days too. So I wake up this morning to get ready for work, and I start to think...uh oh. But then my optimistic side kicks in again, and I say to myself, "I just overdid it at the zoo yesterday. I'm fine." So, I go into work....and as the day goes on, it becomes obvious that I shouldn't be there. Now, we were already short staffed, so I wanted to stick it out, but I ended up coming home at 4pm anyway. Hopefully it only lasts a few days! Anyway...I thought I'd include pics from Abby's first day at the zoo (yesterday, Memorial Day).



We didn't tell Caleb what we were doing until we got to the zoo. That may be the first time I can remember him being speechless. Then he got so excited, he couldn't finish any sentences. Hehe....I think he had fun!



It was so nice and warm....almost too warm. It got to be 82 degrees. The bears had a little rough time with it!



Abby decided she'd had enough. Boy, am I thankful for strollers!



Caleb got a special treat for lunch...we were having so much fun we decided to eat before we went home.



It was a nice little surprise to find baby ducks when we went to the park to eat our lunch.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Looks like a fun day at the zoo, I need to take my kids there again soon! I hope you feel better and fast...