Monday, December 17, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I absolutely LOVE this time of year, but it is so easy to lose track of the real meaning of Christmas. The business of getting things ready, and running around to see family can be exhausting at times! This past week was no exception! Brent spent the week in Little Rock, Arkansas for training for work. I decided I wasn't keen on staying home alone with a newborn and a toddler for an entire week, so I packed up the kids and the dog and went to my parents' house. Here's the reader's digest version of the week:

Monday: Caleb woke up with a cold and barky cough AGAIN. We got out of the house in really good time, about an hour before I was planning. I figured I must have forgotten something, but wasn't willing to hang around to figure it out (later figured out I forgot ALL of Caleb's stuffed toys for sleeping with). We stopped at Grandpa Bing and Grandma Anita's for the day. We cut our visit a little short since fog was supposed to set in and I wanted to get to my parents' house before dark.

Tuesday: Caleb woke up with pink eye. Just my luck...we're an hour and a half away from his doctor. Oh...and did I mention we were in the middle of an ice storm? Yup...couldn't leave the house at all. So...I called Caleb's doctor, got permission from them to see a doctor near my parents' house, called the insurance company to also notify them (don't you love having to jump through hoops?) and followed Caleb around with a can of Lysol in hopes of keeping him from passing the pink eye on to everyone else in the house.




Wednesday: Got Caleb into the Same Day Care place...sat for 20 minutes before the nurse practitioner came in and wrote a prescription for antibiotics. Did I mention the N.P. was in the room less than 5 minutes? Frustrating that they wouldn't' just call the script into Walgreens for me to pick it up. Now I get the joy of pinning down a toddler and giving eye drops every 4 hours for a week. Came back to Mom and Dad's and took Dad Christmas shopping while Mom watched the kiddos.

Thursday: Didn't do a whole lot, which was kinda nice.

Friday: By this time, Caleb is asking for Brent constantly and wanting to go home. Brent got back to Madison in really good time and came down to Illinois a night early to surprise Caleb.

Saturday: Helped throw a surprise 40th Anniversary party for Brent's parents. It went really well, and I think they were at least a little surprised. Caleb even got into the swing of things and started dancing with our nieces. We had a really good turn out despite the bad weather...we got almost 4 inches of snow that night!



Sunday: Home sweet home again!

No comments: