Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yes, it can get worse.

So, I called our insurance company back after our contractor found the rotten wood around the chimney. Yeah. Our insurance doesn't cover rot. Most homeowners insurance doesn't. I didn't know that. And....I showed the adjuster the packet that we got in the mail from the first guy that came out. He read through it. He is going to amend the previous claim. He put a sensor on the floor around the fireplace. And...it's wet. Which means, the floor needs to come out too. It's an older floor and they probably won't be able to match it (laminate hardwood)....that means ripping out the whole living room/hallway flooring on top of all the work with ripping the wall down. I'm seriously so mad, I could start crying. I don't think I will...but man. We have no idea how to go after these guys to get our money for the repairs. The roofers filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009. It will be just higher than small claims, so hiring a lawyer may cost more than the claim. UGH!

No comments: