Friday, August 6, 2010

First trip to the Dentist!

We survived Caleb's first trip to the dentist. I had been postponing it because I wanted him to have a better handle on his anxiety before we even tried it. He's been doing so well, it was time!

It went better than I expected. Caleb wouldn't sit in the big chair, but he would sit next to it in my lap. That was fine with me. They hygienist was able to "count" his teeth and brush it with a toothbrush. He wouldn't let her use the polisher, but there's always next time. He didn't want the dentist to come in, and since the hygienist said his teeth looked good, we didn't push it. We'll go back in the normal six months, and don't need to see a pediatric dentist. Yay!

Abby, on the other hand, hopped right into the chair, opened her mouth wide open, let the hygienist look at her teeth AND use the polisher. She had the hygienist laughing. They technically don't see patients until they turn three. It was just an attempt at getting Caleb to get into the chair and do what the hygienist wanted him to. I'd call the day a success!

No comments: