Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wish things were better....

So, what's a blog if you don't keep things posted? Today's a rough day. We were all hoping and praying that Dad would make it through this surgery without having the delerium that hit last time. He started getting confused this morning. He somehow got the nursing staff to call here at 4:30 this morning. I don't understand what the staff was thinking. I asked the nurse "at 4:30 in the morning, are you serious? Is it an emergency? Is he alright?" The nurse actually laughed a bit and said "he just wants to discuss things." Again, I said, "at 4:30 in the morning." The nurse again, laughed a bit. I said "Absolutely not. Mom will be there by 8. He can "discuss" things then." Then, I started to say that last time, this was how his confusion started. The nurse pretty much cut me off and said that he was thinking clearly. I wanted to come through the phone and explain what "thinking clearly" really means. They should not have called in the middle of the night like that. Besides, he has a phone in his room with the numbers clearly posted on his wall right where he can read them. If he can't figure out the phone (which he's dialed correctly in the past), he's obviously got confusion.

I haven't been to the hospital today. I talked to Mom. She says he's pretty confused and worked up. He's saying things that "you don't want to hear." He's extremely mean towards Mom right now. It's going to be a rough few days. Hopefully, it only lasts a few days.

No comments: