Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sick and Tired!

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Technically, I'm not the one that's sick....but that definitely makes me tired! It always seems that the kids trade illness back and forth. Caleb started it this time....came home from preschool two weeks ago, and just didn't look right...by the end of the night we were in urgent care with an earache, and sure enough, it was infected! Abby started the cold about a week after that, and two days after Caleb stopped his antibiotics, we were in urgent care with Abby for her ears. Ugh! I had to call in sick to work today because Abby's been sick to her stomach for the last two days. One night was three complete bed/pajama changes. Sure enough, she was better today. Caleb and Brent both started in with bad coughs Sunday night. Brent's feeling better, but Caleb won't stop coughing....and it's effecting his sleep, which means it's effecting my sleep. Hence, the tired part. Tonight, I had a friend suggest rubbing Vick's Vapor Rub on his feet and covering them with socks. I ran upstairs to try it since I knew he was still awake (could hear him coughing from downstairs). He felt hot when I went in there, so I took his temp, and sure enough, he's got a fever. Now, I don't think it was caused by being under the covers because he only had a Tshirt and pajama pants on. Oh...and did I mention, I checked Abby's ears just to see how it was going...and the one that started it looked fine...but the other one is bright red. I know we're not even halfway done with the antibiotics....so there's still time, but sheesh! AND....Brent leaves on Sunday for two weeks in Arkansas. This stinks!

And, now I'm done with my vent :)

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Kelly I have been there done that girl.

Tonya said...

oops I wasn't done with that comment. I always felt like we would get sick one year and be fine the next. I am thanking God for a sickless year this year so we'll see what next year holds for us.