Saturday, August 1, 2009

Big Girl Bed...

Well, we were hoping this day wouldn't come for some time yet. Abby is officially in her big girl bed. Well, it's the toddler day bed that the crib converts into. We got home from a REALLY long day at the park. Brent had a Family Day for national guard. We got there about 10ish and didn't leave until 2pm. Abby, of course slept on the way home. I took her into her room and laid her in her crib right away. She of course, woke up when I took her out of her car seat. Anyway....I let her be in her crib since she was being quiet. Caleb went right to sleep. I was downstairs listening to Abby on the baby monitor. Right when I thought she was quiet enough to be asleep, I heard two thuds. Now, the first really sounded like a book hitting the floor. She always takes a book to bed with her. The second one, I was curious about....and as I'm getting up to go look, I hear the sound of toys....the toys that were on the opposite side of the room, mind you! I went upstairs to find her door wide open, the light on, and Abby sitting in the middle of the room saying "Mommy, I'm awake!" Considering Abby only has to do things once before she's mastered them, we decided to convert the crib to keep her from getting hurt. She didn't make much fuss going to sleep tonight...but I have no idea if she's in her crib right now, or if she's sleeping somewhere else in the room....we'll find out (or not) in the morning. I wonder how much sleep we'll actually get tonight....I'll post a pic tomorrow....it's on my camera, and I'm too tired to download it!

No comments: