Tuesday, June 23, 2009

VBS, Day 1....

Did not go well. Caleb lasted maybe 10 minutes before having a major meltdown. When I say meltdown, I mean total, complete loss of control...screaming, crying, running to the corner and hiding. Great. I ended up taking him to the nursery because I couldn't leave. So, instead of getting to spend time with Brent on one of the few nights he's home during Annual Training....the kids stayed in nursery. The hard part is, Caleb's getting known as the child that cries/screams. He really is a total goofball and hilarious to be around. I'm afraid people aren't going to see that.

Since I volunteered to help so I could be in Caleb's group, we have to go every night this week. This means that I now get to drive the kids all the way there for them to play in the nursery. Great. And....I'm supposed to be the assistant, not the leader for our "family" group. The leader decided last night to give me a bunch of stuff to lead....nice....no notice...no prep. And...I don't think she knew what was going on. Considering we each went to a prep meeting (different ones), that caught me by surprise. I love doing VBS....I've done it for years previous to moving to Madison. I just don't think it's fair to the kids for someone who hasn't had any prep time to lead. It doesn't go smoothly. I can't "wait" to see what tonight brings. Yeah, I realize my attitude is not good at this point. I'm exhausted from not getting good sleep for the last week and a half. Brent's gone again until Saturday night.

No comments: