Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's been a while...

I realized that I haven't blogged in a while. I really don't have all that much to say. However, since I know a few people actually read my blogs, I'll try to update a bit.

Grandpa is home, like I said in my last blog. They decided that they probably won't have to surgically debride his wound, which is awesome. It's responding to the dressing that they're putting on it.

Dad's biopsy went well. It's not cancer. The ENT doctor also said that it wasn't what was causing the cough, so he's doing more follow-up to figure that out. Dad's still struggling with the Parkinson's a lot. They're up here every other week or so getting the deep brain stimulators adjusted and medications adjusted. They're having to restart some of the medications that the stimulators were supposed to get him off of. His walking is much worse that before he had the surgery. I half expect to get a call saying he fell and hit his head or broke a hip. His speech is horrible. The stimulators did nothing for that. He's seeing a speech pathologist now.

I'm still fighting off my cold that I've had for a week. I'm feeling a lot better than I was, but it's still there. Now, Brent is starting to get it and has to somehow still sing at church tonight. Abby's hoarse and sneezing/coughing....so here begins the fun of sick kids!

Caleb is doing very well with his potty-training. The little sneak does everything by himself at daycare....still has to be prompted at home. We've even almost conquered the #2 challenge! Thank goodness Caleb likes rewards....eventually we'll have to get him off of the rewards, but I think it will be pretty easy. He's stopped wanting to put stickers on his chart for when he goes, so the other rewards will hopefully phase out too. :)

No comments: