Saturday, January 17, 2009

Odds N Ends...

Well, it's been a week since I last posted, so I thought I'd better have some updates. Yeah...not a lot going on. The extreme cold has kept us inside for most of the week. I finally went out and got a bunch of craft stuff to make a "to do" box for Caleb. He hadn't been showing much interest in coloring, etc. until recently so I didn't push the issue. He's finally asking for stuff, so I went out and got paint, finger paints, those Popsicle stick things, googly eyes, fuzzy ball things, glitter glue (actually...more we had some), new papers, and those foamy sheets and stickers. We've worked on stuff almost every day since I got the supplies.

Abby's still into EVERYTHING. She now can climb up onto the couch. Nothing is safe! I was reading to them before nap time and Abby took Caleb's step, put it in the center of the room, stood up on it and goes "Ta Da!" while throwing her arms into the air. She then proceeded to babble like she was giving a speech. I almost had to stop reading since I was laughing so hard!

Caleb is doing very well with his potty training. He still has accidents...but it's only been a week. The last couple of days, he's, for the most part, been telling me when he has to go, but it's been every half hour or so. Last week, he was making it an hour and a half between times. Odd...but he his asking, so I'm still thankful. We went out to the store today since he filled up his sticker chart. Then we went to the mall to kill some time before lunch. He asked twice to go, and even went on the "big potty" as he calls it. The automatic flusher was a little traumatic, but he handled it pretty well. He said it was scary, but he also said he'd do it again. It happened to flush while he was still sitting on it. I hate those things!

Brent's work should settle down in a few weeks when the new hires start. Right now, he's actually doing the equivalent of three positions until they get new people on board. He goes in early, brings work home, and stays up late. We'll both be glad when it settles down!

That's about this week in a nutshell.



2 comments:

Tonya said...

You should check out the local newspaper and see if you can buy the roll ends. I bought one about 3 years ago and we have traced the kids on them and then let them color/paint/whatever to their person. I got it for I believe 2 bucks. I've also used it for wrapping paper when I was in a pinch. And Peanut does the step stool in the middle of the room thing but not ta da!

The Sigler Family said...

keep some small post-it notes in your purse to cover the motion detector on those auto flush potties. works great! on a grosser side, if you're chewing gum you could use it, but of course, i wouldn't recommend putting it back in your mouth.