Friday, January 9, 2009

Exhausting!!

So we're making a go at potty training again. This time, no matter what...I'm going to keep pushing. Last time, Caleb would kick/hit/scream every time I made him try to sit and go. He hasn't actually made it to the potty yet, but he at least recognizes the fact that he needs to sit when he pees. He'll now tell me he's wet and go sit. We're also using a kitchen timer. I set it for 30 minutes, and when it goes off...he goes and sits. It's almost like the timer telling him is better than me telling him. He really doesn't want diapers. I ask him in the mornings which he wants to wear, and he's picking the "big boy underwear." Of course, I'm doing laundry every day now, but he's at least making the attempt. We also set the time for when he sits so he doesn't just get on and get off. It's exhausting though! I didn't realize how draining it would be. I hope he picks up on the timing soon. We'll see.

Oh...and my accident-prone child still amazes me! Abby will climb, jump, etc from ANYTHING. Here's her newest battle scar....and this one is just from the toy box.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I would be careful with using a timer because you not teaching him to recognize the feeling of needing to pee. That is how my niece was potty trained in a daycare and she can't hold her bladder for more than an hour so trips are hard on my brother. But that is good that he wants big boy underwear!!! That is a great step :) And yes it is completely draining. I'm already thinking of my plan with the baby!!!

Kel said...

Today Caleb was able to start telling be BEFORE he went that he had to go...so we're going to just use the timer so he stays on the potty long enough.