Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gearing up...

Today is the last "sane" day before the holiday rush. Yesterday was my birthday...the first anniversary of my twenty-nineth birthday to be exact. I worked. I was stupid. They called to see if I wanted off. They could only guarentee me the first 4 hrs, so I said I'd come in. Well, I would have ended up with the WHOLE day off...oh well. It was insanely busy, which is weird because they usually stop doing surgeries a while before Christmas so that everyone can be home for Christmas if possible.

Today, I'm watching my friends' son. He's the same age as Caleb, so it's really nice to have a playmate over. The two of them run all over...and Abby tries to keep up. It's great to watch!

Tomorrow I work again...hoping to get off early of course, but not likely to happen.

I think we'll try to drive down to my parents' house on Christmas instead of waiting until Friday. We'll do our family Christmas here and then take off. Friday is supposed to have iffy weather, and I don't want to miss anything.

If we go down on Christmas Day, we'll be at my aunt's for lunch. Then, my brother is coming up on Friday. We'll have probably two Christmas' on Saturdy with a get together with my high-school friends in the middle. Then on Sunday, we'll go over to my in-laws for Christmas there. That means five Christmas' in the next 4 days! WOW.

No comments: