Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treatin'

Okay, so normally, I'm a planner. I have back-up plans, and plans that back up the back-up. Yeah...not so much with this Halloween. I should have remembered my head-strong child and the fact that he doesn't want to do what you want him to do. I also should have remembered my fast-growing daughter that is going through clothes like they're going out of style. Now...hear my sad story of figuring out Halloween costumes. We borrowed a Thomas the Tank Engine costume from a friend. Caleb LOVES Thomas. Figured I had it in the bag...didn't try to costume 'til a week before Halloween. Needless to say, he didn't want to wear it. Hence, picture one:



We also have a bat costume from our neices that would have worked for boy too. Yeah, didn't even get it close enough to Caleb to get a picture.

Now, for my second dilemma...I got a costume this summer at a garage sale...an adorable little lion costume. Abby is just over a year old. I figured I was safe with an 18-month costume. Wrong. See how small the thing was! Every time she moved, the velcro came undone in the back 'cause it was so tight.



Ah, but thank you for people who think for me!! On the day of Abby's b-day party, my sister-in-law brought our neice's costume that she wore when she was little. It was a TON more adaorable than the lion....and IT FIT! (it's a strawberry)





My neighbor girls came over on Friday to play with the kids...I had stuff to do, and they were bored since they were out of school. Once my kids went down for their naps, we hopped online to find any ideas that would work for Caleb...and we found one. He's a UPC code.







Here are Caleb and Abby with the neighbor girls.



We made it through the night still smiling! :)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

That is too funny! glad you found a costume for Caleb to wear. My friend's little girl was a strawberry too. So cute :)