Friday, October 10, 2008

Why do I do this to myself?

Oi! Okay...so we're having Abby's birthday party tomorrow. Yeah, no kidding! She's one at the end of next week! Anyway...in the process of inviting our family and neighbors, we are expecting about 30 people tomorrow. And...that's with some people not being able to make it! Caleb's b-day is in the summer...so we can have it outside, and that helps! Now, I know tomorrow is supposed to be almost 80 degrees, but we're being taken over by lady bugs and yellow jackets. Not thinking outside is an option! So now begins that joyful task of trying to fit enough tables to seat 30 people. Upstairs in my house. I don't want people to have to go up and down the basement stairs (our basement is finished). Hmmmm....and here's the ironic thing. I decided to make a fall-type meal, so I picked chili. Easy to do in a crock pot in large amounts. Great for fall, not 80 degree weather! Oh and...we almost had to cancel....Abby woke up yesterday from her nap with a fever. She's fine today and back to her happy-go-lucky self. Whew!

No comments: