Sunday, October 26, 2008

So Annoyed!!

Okay, I know I've blogged about this before...but my neighbor's dog is really annoying me. Well, maybe it's more my neighbor's handling of his dog. You see...Maya (our dog) doesn't get along with this dog. It's a long story, but Sunshine (yellow dog) growls at Maya, Maya gets protective and turns into "momma-bear." Of course, our neighbor (not next door) thinks it's all Maya's fault. Even to the point that his girls say that Maya is not a nice dog. Now, Maya gets along with all the other neighbor dogs, every dog that's been at our house, most dogs on walks. K, the neighbor, says things like "well, dogs shouldn't meet on leash, it's not natural and they get defensive." This would be the same neighbor that doesn't keep Sunshine on a leash, despite the leash laws. They take her through the park, right past all big, red signs that specifically say dogs need to be on leash. When they're riding their bikes, Sunshine is off leash, and they let her run through people's yards. They don't keep her on a lead in their yard, and their yard isn't fenced in, not even the invisible fencing. This means that Sunshine is free to go into the other neighbor's yards. Hence what lead to tonight's annoyance. I'm inside...about to start getting the kids ready for bed when I hear what sounds like a dog fight. I realize that Maya is outside and go running to the door. Yeah...Maya's at the fence, and guess what dog is on the other side...no really guess. Now, I didn't see what lead up to it, but the yard that Sunshine is in is not her yard. Our yard doesn't actually border Sunshine's yard. Hmm...gee...I wonder if the fight would have happened if Sunshine was properly restrained. Luckily, K the neighbor yelled for Sunshine and she went back to their yard. Honestly. Keep. Your. Dog. In. Your. Yard. I can't stand it when people act like they know everything, clearly don't, and don't care if they're in the wrong! I'm tempted to call Animal Control and leave an "anonymous" tip. Problem is, with my luck, they'd probably figure out it was me.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I wouldn't call animal control. I'd call 911 and get the police there. They are breaking the law. I would just call and say there is a dog running around loose in our neighborhood and that you've seen this same dog running around before. Just what I'd do. There are laws like this for a reason! Says, the coppers wife ;)