Saturday, September 13, 2008

How things change in a day...

Well, the boys got rained out from the camping trip. They got home about 1pm today. Oh the mud! We're still cleaning things...and the tent is now in our backyard to get rinsed off/dry out when the rain stops. Caleb had an absolute blast and did very well. All he could say when he got home was "we got really really muddy!" Oh and that Timothy fell into the fire pit. NOW...don't worry, they couldn't actually use the fire pit...it was too wet. It was camp stoves all the way.

I'm actually really glad they're home. Abby is sick. I went in to get her after her nap...and she had puked so much that the whole crib was covered....and she was still smiling. (this is my non-fussy child!) Needless to say...everything solid we've tried has revisited us. She isn't even keeping Pedialyte down. I already called the doctors. Of course, they said wait overnight and reassess in the morning. I really hope this is just a quick flu bug (but no one she's been in contact with has been sick). I'm pretty worried though...babies get dehydrated so fast. I tried to get her to drink Pedialyte before bed tonight...the bottle touched her lips and she started gagging. I can handle sick toddlers....they're more resilient (and they can tell you what's wrong).

Oh...and the other stressors going on right now...my cousin and his family were in the direct path of the eye of Hurricane Ike. They live near Houston. Last I heard was they had their windows boarded and a food supply nearby. Haven't heard anything since....and I'm guessing the communication lines are horrible right now!

Dad's second surgery is scheduled for Thursday. He'll be getting the generator placed for his deep brain stimulators.

I think it's going to be a looooooooong night!

No comments: