Thursday, August 23, 2007

Anyone seen my Ark?

This month has officially broken all records for rainfall for as long as they've been keeping records of rainfall here....and we're supposed to get rain for the next two days!!!! I just thought I'd include some pictures of how well the street repair (done in the spring) went that was supposed to fix the flooding problems of the street that ours T's into. Keep in mind...when the cross street floods, it backs up into ours!! It flooded Saturday night as well as last night. Luckily, we got our basement window fixed last week....so far we have stayed dry. Thank goodness!!!

This is the cross street I was talking about:

This is a view of the other direction...I'm standing in my neighbor's yard. The water has actually gone down a bit by the time I grabbed my camera. It was another 3-4 feet higher onto the driveway.

This is the whirlpool of the lone storm drain that was actually working.

So, of course the firemen had to come out to declog the rest of the drains.

I took this while standing on our driveway. The "river" is actually my neighbor's yard.

And...like I said, when the cross street floods, it backs up our street. This is what our street looked like. That's our mailbox in the bottom of the picture. You can see the debris line from how high the water was before I took the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing pics, kel! praise God that your house didn't get ruined.

around here it was just as bad in parts.

so how did you get out and about? canoe? ;)